Total Pageviews

Monday, February 10, 2014

I miss you, Mum.

I miss you, Mum,
And yet,
Would not have you back,
The pain shadowed wraith,
Moving into death.

I miss you Mum,
Your soft and gentle voice,
The way you held me close,
Safe in your embrace,
Daring death to take you, not me.

I miss you, Mum,
Who never missed a concert,
Play or recitation,
As though I was the only one,
Not lost amongst the ten.

I miss your quiet beauty,
The radiance of your face,
Never knowing your allure,
The heads you turned.

I miss the music of your voice,
The rich emotions pouring out,
Wrapping all who heard
Cocooned in loving comfort.

I miss your hand in mine,
As I waited to hear,
If I would live or die,
On that hideous day.

I miss you and I love you,
I carry you inside my heart,
You who taught me how to love,
Beloved mother, forever mine.

2 comments:

Diane T. said...

This is so loving and dear, it is a tribute to her and to your love for her. Thank you for sharing this Maria, your friend from across the pond, Diane

Ananya Pal said...

The true emotions between the lines touched my heart. Mother the lovely angel in one's life is irreplaceable, ypu stirred my own emotion, thank u.
Ananya