Total Pageviews

Monday, April 28, 2014

My beloved mother would have been 86 on the 26th April. I visited her and my father's grave on Saturday to mark it and to celebrate the gift her life was and continues to be to me.  I am so sad. I sang her happy birthday and remembered her love, her beauty of soul. The grief has softened but lingers like a shadow. I love you, my precious one. xxx


I stood by your grave today
And said goodbye again
Yet still I felt you in my heart
In every trace of memory.

And I am glad that you are gone
Suffering and pain at and end.
We could not lift it from you 
It was never in our gift. 

In your life you gave us all 
A mother to the very end
The dearest heart, the kindest soul
Love like that can never die.

I stood by your grave today,
And could not find the tears
You are lost to me in body
But your spirit haunts me still.

No comments: